Pacific Consulting Group (PCG) helps companies create products and service experiences that earn high customer adoption, satisfaction, loyalty and value. We excel at developing a clear line of sight into the needs, preferences and values of customers. The company was founded in 1980 by two Stanford-trained marketers who saw an opportunity to provide more impetus to the customer satisfaction movement by developing innovative techniques. Today, PCG remains a boutique customer research and innovation firm that brings smarter customer analytic and innovation solutions to the marketplace.
The Senior Marketing Research Analyst role is comfortable and has hands-on experience with all phases of a marketing research project, from project design through reporting and presentation to clients. We value a Senior Marketing Research Analyst who has expertise in both quantitative and qualitative re search methodologies and is capable of articulating to clients how different methodologies would address their business issues. This role is for those who are interested in the meaning behind the data, and the potential of customer insights to make a difference in the success of clients’ products, services, and customer experience.
This is not a data scientist, business analyst, or statistician role.
Commuting to PCG offices in Redwood City, CA is preferred. Potential for telecommuting. Occasional travel required.
- Master’s Degree in Marketing Research, Marketing, Business Administration or a quantitatively-heavy social science; with 3 or more years work experience for a marketing research supplier. Or, Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative science or social science discipline, with 5 or more years of work experience for a marketing research supplier
- Understanding of questionnaire design and survey administration
- Ability to analyze cross-tabulations and SPSS output
- Training or experience in research report writing
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Calm, focused and results-oriented working on teams to meet client deadlines
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Highest level of ethics, integrity and client focus
- Experience working with research vendors for data collection or focus groups
- Skills presenting research/business findings to mid-level client managers